This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website hosted at <www.dendevices.com> ("our site") and our mobile application ("our app") which we provide to allow you to order products and help you use our products ("we","us"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of European Economic Area data protection law, (the "Data Protection Law"), the data controller is: Den Switches Ltd, a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 12392926, and our registered office is at Premier Suite 4 Churchill Court, 58 Station Road, North Harrow HA2 7ST.
Our order and payment process is hosted by Shopify Inc ("Shopify") who provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Shopify acts as a data processor, processing your personal data on our behalf for the purposes of providing you with information on our services and processing your orders.
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or app or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site or app, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site or app, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site or app. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and personal description.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site and app we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer and/or mobile to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our site and app, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site and app (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- information about your use of our products through our app, such as data concerning the power consumption of an appliance, so that we can then offer you services to help you manage your power consumption.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our site or app. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, Shopify and other business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We use the following types of cookies provided by third parties:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and app and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and app, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website and app and when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website and app works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and app. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website and app, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website and app and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use, the third parties that provide them, and the purposes for which we use them in the table:
The set of cookies are used for:
- Estimating our audience size and usage pattern.
- Recognising you when you return to our site/app.
Please refer to Google Analytics Cookie Usage document located at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage, for more information.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website and app may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites or app. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites or app.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website or mobile browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting <www.allaboutcookies.org> which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have ticked the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form to create an account) indicating your consent to receiving marketing material from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our site and app is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and app under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and app to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site and app safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and app about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
- Information we receive from other sources (including Shopify). We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
Selected third parties including:
- Shopify, our payments and order processor;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and app and subject to the cookie section of this policy;
- data processors, including Shopify, who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law.
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- selected third parties who may be interested in aggregate data about our users for example in relation to the power consumption of appliances (we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals for these purposes).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Den Switches Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Den Switches Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us on our site is stored on secure servers hosted by Shopify. All information you provide to us on our app is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We retain personal data for the duration of your account with us in order to meet our contractual obligations necessary to you and to identify issues. We may retain personal data for a further six years to resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and app; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment.
Where you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data by us, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time. You can do this using the unsubscribe function, by changing your settings [link] on our website or app, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us as detailed below (see "Contact Us" section).
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.